PDA

View Full Version : Glue that works well on an Axis stock

andyknaster
01-09-2017, 06:56 PM
A friend of mine made what sounds like a great suggestion for stiffening an Axis forestock without adding a lot of weight. He suggested using carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shafts, but he didn't know what kind of glue would hold them in place. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz
01-09-2017, 07:18 PM
A friend of mine made what sounds like a great suggestion for stiffening an Axis forestock without adding a lot of weight. He suggested using carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shafts, but he didn't know what kind of glue would hold them in place. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lots of epoxy... your friend isn't the first to think of that. Try a search and you'll find some info on how others did it.

hereinaz
01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
You may also try Gorilla glue, it expands and would likely trap the arrows structurally. But, it isn't going to be as structurally supportive as epoxy. I've never heard of that before. I've also used stronger more structural two part urethane that is similar to gorilla glue for other DIY projects, but never in a stock. It expands so it is filled with bubbles, similar and they are both stronger than the expanding foam guys have filled the hollow stocks with.

Just don't put your action in until it expands and you grind it back.

30-06shooter
01-12-2017, 10:27 AM
I used the resin mixture from a fiberglass kit that they sell at walmart.

calstar
01-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Any compatibility issues with the resin?