PDA

View Full Version : Good day from the Great White North

RyeGuy
01-09-2017, 03:47 AM
How are ya now.

Happy to be aboard here and looking forward to learning from some seasoned Savage owners. Now, on to business...my quick intro.

My name is Ryan Waters and I hale from Toronto Ontario. I am 35 years of age, part owner of a commercial construction services company and also a reservist in the Canadian Forces. I am still fairly new to the sport (having received my PAL/RPAL almost 4 years ago) but hit the ground running as soon as I was able and have since become somewhat of an advocate for the sport. You may not believe this but there are a lot of "uninformed" people up here (at least here in Toronto).

I initially started going to the range here and there but once I became more comfortable it quickly became more frequent and a bit less exciting, so I figured I needed step it up a notch. From there I got into doing some tactical shooting courses, both pistol and rifle, which were an absolute a blast (no pun intended) but am now looking into distance/precision shooting as well as hunting.

My collection is small and not all that impressive at this point and is currently comprised of the following:

-Ruger 10/22 which is set up as a distance plinker
-Smith & Wesson M&P sport
-Russian SKS (stock)
-Norinco 1911 (9mm)
-Smith & Wesson M&P 9
and my recently acquired Savage Axis ll XP in 6.5 Creed w/ 4-12 x40 Bushnell scope (I intend to do some modifying on this one). This will be the rifle that will start me off in the wonderful world of distance/precision shooting and hunting.

So again, thank you for having me and I look forward to taking part in what this site has to offer.

Cheers

drybean
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
01-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Welcome

ttexastom
01-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Welcome aboard

J.Baker
01-10-2017, 08:04 AM