PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Mounting a 10x50x60 Sightron on My Moldel 12 LRPV

max
08-14-2010, 04:08 PM
I currently have a set of 30mm high Burris Signature Rings and Weaver bases for my LRVP but I think the bell on the Sightron will be too large to clear the barrel. Does anyone sell higher Weaver bases that will allow me to use the same rings, or is there a better solution?

Senderofan
08-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I think a Ken Farrell base would give you extra clearance. My 10-50x is on my Remington....I used NightForce 1.12" rings and a 20 m.o.a nightforce base. Not sure exactly what height your rings are but Ken's bases are higher than NightForce....so I would think that would be the way to go. Check out SSS ( sponsor here ) or go right to Ken Farrell's website...you can buy direct from him...which I've done both routes.

Good Luck,

Wayne

Slowpoke Slim
08-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm using the Warne 20 moa base on my target action with a 56mm bell on my NF. I have loads of room between the bell and the bull barrel with the Warne high rings. Try the Warne base.

pdog06
08-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a 10-50 on my target action with "high" Burris Sig Zee rings. The base I am using is the Benchsource 20moa 1pc base. It is higher than most and there is room left to go shorter if I wanted to.

If you use a Warne, Farrel, or EGW base I think you'll be OK with "high" rings. The Farrel is the highest of these 3.I dont like the looks of the Farrell on the target action, unless you get their"target" model that had NO port cutout. That model is about the same height as the Warne.

The NEW EGW-HD base for a short action is a really nice base also. I have one on a target action with "medium" Burris rings and an 8-32x56 SIII. It is close, but if you use "high" rings the 60mm would fit.

A set of 2pc bases will not be high enough.

My vote would be either the Warne or the EGW-HD...

max
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for your help guys.