PDA

View Full Version : trophy hunter stock

schott
01-08-2017, 10:50 PM
anyone here ever cut a trophy hunter stock to shorten it I would like to take an inch off of it

olddav
01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Yes I did.
I removed the action and butt plate, squared it up on a miter saw and cut a predetermined amount off the stock. Reinstalled the action and added a new recoil pad. I used some blocks to support the stock during the leveling process and a quick square on the butt to ensure a even cut. It also helps to scribe a line to ensure you do not alter the angle of the butt on the stock.

One important note, the stock I cut was wood and I made an assumption that your stock was wood as well.

schott
01-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Yes I did.
I removed the action and butt plate, squared it up on a miter saw and cut a predetermined amount off the stock. Reinstalled the action and added a new recoil pad. I used some blocks to support the stock during the leveling process and a quick square on the butt to ensure a even cut. It also helps to scribe a line to ensure you do not alter the angle of the butt on the stock.

One important note, the stock I cut was wood and I made an assumption that your stock was wood as well. no the trophy hunter is a synthetic stock