PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 fcp-sr 20"

Buckhunter
01-07-2017, 08:14 PM
First post here needing advice, I look forward to your help. My question is related to hunting and target shooting with a model 10 fcp-sr. I'm looking to purchase one in the near future but Im confused to which barrel I need. The gun will be used for hunting whitetail deer and I would like to do some target shooting with it out to 500yrds or so but not often or competitively. I've also chosen to use a Nikon m308 scope. To be honest I'm more less a moron to centerfire cartridges so bare with me here lol. I like the idea of having the shorter barrel for hunting and carrying through the woods and such but am I sacrificing too much accuracy to expect it to reach out on long range shooting? And for some crazy reason the msr10 hunter is screaming out to me if I wasn't already confused enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

olddav
01-08-2017, 01:08 AM
As I understand it the shorter barrel does not sacrifice accuracy to a longer barrel. You will loose a small amount of speed though.

toddcdozer
01-08-2017, 01:37 AM
All else being equal a shorter barrel will be MORE accurate but slower. Will you be able to discern this out to 500yds either on paper or flesh? Highly unlikely.
With your portability requirements and short range usage, the 20" would probably be YOUR best choice. Someone shooting 1K would probably go 24" for the 50-75FPS that will provide.

Buckhunter
01-08-2017, 05:05 AM
Thanks, I didn't realize the shorter barrel would be more accurate, that's actually opposite of what I thought. It's obviously a no brainer for me then, 20" should be perfect.

Thank you both.

Model10shooter
01-11-2017, 10:23 AM
I have a similar model to what you're looking for. I have a suppressor on mine and have shot out to 500 yards with good success. I think you'll be satisfied.

Buckhunter
01-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I've shooting slugs for deer hunting so long I've lost my common sense for much of anything else. We finally after years of waiting have a rifle season so I'm looking at this model for hunting mainly for its more compact design and I like the bigger bolt handle for wearing heavy gloves. Looking forward to my purchase, thanks for all the advice.