PDA

View Full Version : 215M primers...

LongRange
01-07-2017, 10:42 AM
for you large cal guys...looks like cabelas has some in stock.

Zero333
01-09-2017, 07:02 PM

Magnum primers are not specific to large calibers. It's about how much powder needs to be burned inside the cartridge case and not the caliber of the bullet :nevreness:

Just kidding, we know what you meant.

bearcatrp
01-09-2017, 08:18 PM
I got lucky to find some locally. Ready to load my 338 LM now.

bigedp51
01-10-2017, 05:15 AM

Magnum primers are not specific to large calibers. It's about how much powder needs to be burned inside the cartridge case and not the caliber of the bullet :nevreness:

Just kidding, we know what you meant.

Drum roll.............................................. ........

Lake City uses magnum primers in all their ammunition clear down to the 5.56x45 NATO.

More people should listen to "The Doors" 1967 song "Light My Fire". And look at the * next to ball powder loads in the reloading manuals. (* Requires magnum primer)

Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

Zero333
01-10-2017, 06:41 PM
Drum roll.............................................. ........

Lake City uses magnum primers in all their ammunition clear down to the 5.56x45 NATO.

More people should listen to "The Doors" 1967 song "Light My Fire". And look at the * next to ball powder loads in the reloading manuals. (* Requires magnum primer)

Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

That's right, I did not forget, just neglected to mention.

I use Magnum primers with ball powders too but I got better results with Winchester LR primers in 308win with W-748. Probably because WLR primers are hotter than most other LR primers.

I received 1k of 215M a week ago from Cabelas.ca

Will be using the 215M for 300winag and RL-33 to propell 240 gr SMK, and maybe 243win.
I've been using 210M with 300winmag and H-4831 with excellent results, so Magnum primers are not a must in some applications.