PDA

View Full Version : 308 FLCP-SP or custom order a 6.5 Creedmore

X-Hair
01-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Been looking for a good target shooter for a while and have it narrowed down to the FLCP-SP. Need a lefty so options are limited. Have been wanting a 6.5 Creedmore but 308 is the only option without a custom order. Been thinking it would be better to just get a 308 for about $620 and re-barrel it later. WOuld I be better off to order the 6.5 or just get the 308 shoot it and add one or the prethreaded barrels available later. Have a Vortex PST Gen2 on order that will take a month or two so in no hurry.

Thanks.

olddav
01-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Buy the 308 and swap barrels, you will have the rifle you want quicker. Custom work is slow and exspensive and I for one do not have the patience for it.

LongRange
01-06-2017, 09:53 PM
I say get the 6.5 because that sounds like what you really want...shoot the factory barrel out and you should have a good handle on how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddcdozer
01-07-2017, 12:35 AM
I don't shoot cartridges that don't hold any long term interest FOR ME. It's a waste of time and $$$. And I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ for a new barrel and immediately throw it out. Either get a new 6.5 or buy one of the many used left hand actions and build it yourself. A typical Savage build will run under $1k with a aftermarket stock AND barrel, no sense in spending $1k and still have a Savage stock.