PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110C Model J Build

phantomphyxer
01-04-2017, 12:38 PM
New guy here with my first venture into the Savage world and let me say this is a great website with an absolute gold mine of good information. My goal was to have a rifle that I could switch calibers on without having to pay an arm & leg for a gunsmith to do the barrel work and decided to start with a 6mm Remington on a 110 action. Bought a barreled action off Gunbroker and discovered it was a 110C Model J with a serial number of 101573 which I discovered was really old. But the action looked good and I'm off and running. The only real bump in the road is the action screw spacing which is 4.522 and the lack of stocks and bottom metal with that set up. I wanted a DBM with Center Feed and I talked to Jeff at CDI and he says he can fix me up. So that's one hurdle out of the way. As for the stock it looks like I am locked in to McMillan for a custom stock due to the action screw spacing and I like their A1-3. Oh well, what's a 6 month wait when you have an oddball set up and doing a custom build. My goal is a good target rifle that will shoot little bitty groups and I think once this is together it will do that as the 6mm Remington, though it has been around a long time is a good long range round. Here is a breakdown on my build:

Action: 110C Model J
Barrel: Bartlein #11 Med Palma 5R 1-8 twist @ 24 inches
Barrel Lug: Northland Shooters Supply .244
Barrel Nut: Northland Shooters Supply
Muzzle Brake: JP Enterprises Std. Profile Compensator
Trigger: Rifle Basics SAV-2
Bolt Head: PTG
Bottom Metal: CDI Center Feed
Stock: McMillan A1-3 Bedded

If anyone knows of any other good stock options for the 4.522 spacing please let me know.