PDA

View Full Version : MSR10: Savage gas guns!

Mthomas90
01-03-2017, 02:54 PM
This is off topic for bolt actions, but has anybody else seen this? I don't have any ar's, but I'll probably have to get one now.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/1/3/savage-arms-introduces-first-ever-ar-rifle-line/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

toddcdozer
01-03-2017, 03:04 PM
I think Savage has lost their mind. Love the company but there are 4858780 companies building ARs right now and the price is the lowest ever. I can buy a AR for $450 right now. I'm not saying I'm not happy for the opportunity to buy a Savage AR I just think its a terrible BUSINESS DECISION right now. It will be very hard for them to bring anything new to the market and Savages FORTE has always been VALUE. With the stuff already on the market its going to be tough to compete on that basis.

RC20
01-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Yea a dumb move. As noted, a bazzilion AR makers out there.

If you were going to do it something innovate along the line of the XCR or even buying out Robinson Arms would have been a better move (the XCR match rifles are pretty good from my conversations with owners. The XCR is pretty much a modern AK, didn't keep any of the flaws and the long stroke system is as good as the AK (IMNSHO). Ergonomics were great (I had one of the early ones, sold it as I liked bolts a lot better)

No, what do they come out with, standard AR, standard gas system, and the same stupid forward assist that should have been eliminated from the start let alone now and for sporting purposes (or HD)

You may finagle a bolt into working, an AR with a problem? As they found out in Nam, you had to tear it down.

The only plus may be how it shoots. The rest is huff and spin, free floating rail, common as is the rest.

darkker
01-03-2017, 04:08 PM
I think Savage has lost their mind. .

Remember that "Savage" isn't Savage anymore, they are part of a massive defense contractor, ATK; and defense contractors build things for.....

Yea a dumb move. As noted, a bazzilion AR makers out there. Yep, and with a chance to take a piece of that pie you better make what the market wants. If you have a chance to steal even a part of the market of eleventy-trillion sales, you better take it.

waynef
01-03-2017, 04:18 PM
AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmore

Im in

toddcdozer
01-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Remember that "Savage" isn't Savage anymore, they are part of a massive defense contractor, ATK; and defense contractors build things for.....

Yep, and with a chance to take a piece of that pie you better make what the market wants. If you have a chance to steal even a part of the market of eleventy-trillion sales, you better take it.Depends on the investment they made to build them. If they did a typical factory to build them then I think its retarded. If they are using a sub to build them and taking a slice of that pie....MAYBE. I ASSumed they built a line to make them, I cant see that panning out. Rebadging a Diamondback is another thing.

waynef
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Savage MSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBHiA78fWA

Spectre236
01-03-2017, 05:13 PM
AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmore

Im in

++ 1

rjtfroggy
01-03-2017, 05:18 PM
I live 55 minutes away from the gate to Savage and because of a state border won't be able to buy one.

Texas10
01-03-2017, 05:48 PM
I think Hammy said it best.... LOL

NicfromAlabama
01-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Yeah, the AR15 market is saturated. I find it odd that they decided to do this now. 8-10 years ago...maybe. (Of course, things just don't happen overnight.) AR parts are just too cheap to be competitive......and I don't think we've hit bottom on prices yet........especially since Trump was elected. The AR market may have stayed strong enough had Hillary won, just due to fear buying. Not so much now. Plus, building them is half the fun.

As said, maybe one in Creedmoor, but I would probably want a bolt fun for that anyway. Time will tell.

TMD11111
01-04-2017, 04:05 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?54408-New-Savage-AR!&p=391746#post391746

Here you go. Take a look at the pictures I took of one my LGS just got a few days ago.
Sad to say if looks like a cheap piece together franken gun

10ring1
01-04-2017, 07:56 AM
They all look sharp!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

toddcdozer
01-05-2017, 11:18 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?54408-New-Savage-AR!&p=391746#post391746

Here you go. Take a look at the pictures I took of one my LGS just got a few days ago.
Sad to say if looks like a cheap piece together franken gunUhhhh I resent that. My Frankenguns look a WHOLE LOT better than that hunk of plastic and God knows what other alloys.

BC98
01-06-2017, 01:59 AM

Savage is NOT owned by ATK anymore. The current parent company (Vista Outdoor) is strictly in the commercial market.

Sleeper99
01-06-2017, 08:24 AM
AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmore

Im in

I'm with you. Try to build a 6.5 Creed AR 10, with quality parts and a quality 5R barrel for under 8 pounds and for the MSRP of $1481. Street price should be lower. It's not an easy task, and if you build you have no warranty.

psharon97
01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
it will be interesting to see what Savage is able to do with their AR line. I didn't think the BA line would have stayed around when it came out, but look where we are now.

toddcdozer
01-08-2017, 03:22 AM
it will be interesting to see what Savage is able to do with their AR line. I didn't think the BA line would have stayed around when it came out, but look where we are now.
The BA has 0 competition at its price point. Yeah its outside the norm but in a good way. The AR market is vastly more competitive at every price point and level. Hope it works well for Savage but I have some severe doubts.