PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Is Mk II FV-SR only threaded bolt gun? Available in laminate stock?

wahoowad
01-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the Mk II FV-SR to use with my rimfire suppressor as a 100 yard (or less) groundhog gun. Before I get it, are there any other rimfire threaded bolt guns I should consider? I like the FV-SR because of the accutrigger.

I am also wondering if the FV-SR comes in the laminate stock that I see offered in other Mk II versions (non-threaded)

Thanks!

Underdog
01-02-2017, 01:02 PM
The FV-SR as far as I know only comes in a synthetic stock version. I have one and mine is black synthetic. There are some other newer variations but still synthetic. Ruger makes a threaded American with a synthetic stock, They just came out with a target version that is threaded and has a laminated stock. CZ also has a threaded model but it has a synthetic stock. They are the only ones I know of.

mtnhighlander
01-03-2017, 12:49 AM
Ruger just came out with one the Ruger American in rimfire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

wahoowad
01-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Ruger just came out with one the Ruger American in rimfire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

that black laminate looks nice. Still very, very similar to the FV-SR, at least in appearances. I don't see the laminate version listed for sale anywhere

Phranque
01-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Check out the Mark II TRR-SR. It's got a longer barrel than the FV-SR (at least the one I was looking at did), and it appears to have a Boyd's style stock already in place. Don't care for the scope rail on it... 3-sided utility rail, but I've considered picking one up.

http://www.tactical-life.com/gear/silent-22-savages/