PDA

View Full Version : 111 DBM with side magazine release - stock or action different?

RobW
08-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm a bit confused looking at a 111 - it has the mag release button on the side of the stock. I've never seen an aftermarket stock with this arrangement and I'm wondering if this is a difference in the action or just in stock and bottom metal.

Or, is this a dead end to use as the basis for a project rifle? Any info appreciated.

82boy
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the site.
That is how the old Stagard feed actions use to release the magazine. It will not interchange with the newer center feed bottom release actions. The action screw spacing is different, as well as everything else in the magazine.

RobW
08-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I was under the impression that all long actions had the same screw spacing. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Welcome to the site.
That is how the old Stagard feed actions use to release the magazine. It will not interchange with the newer center feed bottom release actions. The action screw spacing is different, as well as everything else in the magazine.

sharpshooter
08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
The action screw spacing is the same on the long actions but the magazine cut in the bottom of the receiver is completely different for a center feed. That's not saying it couldn't modified to use a center feed stock and magazine system.