PDA

View Full Version : Do there make an Axis in Heavey Barrel with accutrigger?

Henrykjr
12-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Hey folks,

I own an older Axis .308 and am now looking to purchase the newer heavy barrel version of the .308 rifle but want it with an accutrigger so I don't immediately need to add a timney trigger.

Does this exist?

Thanks

foxx
12-29-2016, 12:34 AM
They no longer make a Heavy Barrel Axis. :( When they did, they were all standard trigger. Axis HB's can still be found new in box, though, from retailers. Check out the FAQ's and articles here and you will find how-to's regarding improving the factory trigger and maybe how to swap out standard trigger with Accutrigger. It is not difficult.

NicfromAlabama
12-29-2016, 01:03 AM
You might want to look into the 12FV with 26" barrel sold buy Cabela's, if you have one near you. They have a heavy varmint barrel. I don't know the actual thickness, but google for pics. Plus, they come with an accutrigger. They are perhaps easier to upgrade than the axis, and are short action, unlike the Axis in .308. They are $419.99 right now, but Cabela's has sold them for less. The Hog Hunter may appeal to you as well.

godale
12-29-2016, 01:21 PM
I have a savage axis 2 in camo clad stock with a accutrigger . It was 449 with a bushnell scope . I noticed the Finn feather fur stores in Ohio have some inventory left . Looks to be 499 now . Mine is pictured in the picture post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godale
12-29-2016, 01:22 PM
I might ad I heard these models also turned up at wallmart . Not sure what states though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auskip07
12-29-2016, 03:54 PM
The heavy barrels are saved for the Kryptek series rifles that come with camo stocks.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/category.cfm/brand/SAVAGE/productline/axis-ii-kryptek

calstar
12-31-2016, 11:50 PM
NIB heavy barrel Axis are still to be found on gunbroker.com, the calibers vary from time to time. There are now(12/31/16) 10 308 HB for sale on gunbroker from Tanners, $269 + $25 shipping. I've purchased two of the HBs(243, 223) in the last few months from Tanners, they have shipped to my FFL within a few days of purchase. I was able to use the Savage rebate of $50(that may have ended yesterday but they seem to come along with some regularity) so I'm happy with the price; .

I wouldn't let the lack of the accutrigger stop you from purchasing one, there are many well documented "diy trigger jobs" for the axis here and on other forums, pretty easy and straight forward. If you get one, do the trigger mod and don't like it you can get a RifleBasics trigger(better than the accu trigger according to more than a few) and still be a few bucks ahead of the Krytex price. For now I'm satisfied with my diy trigger mods, both include spring change, overtravel and shim, they are now about 2.5 lbs, and break suprisingly cleanly(for what they are:p). At some point the HB Axis will disappear, better get one before that happens.

good luck, Brian

calstar
01-01-2017, 12:02 AM
double post deleted

Ricks308
01-01-2017, 11:02 PM
I purchaced a Axis in 308 HB from Tanner i was looking for the rifle locally with no luck. Ive watched all the vids on trigger job but still looking for a accu trigger

foxx
01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Having used all variations of the Accutrigger on several different models over the last few years, (as well as all the other aftermarket triggers available for the Axis), and modifying maybe 75 Axis triggers for customers wanting a decent hunting trigger, I would recommend replacing the standard Axis trigger with Rifle Basix Sav-1 before I'd recommend the Accutrigger. However, if you want the Accutrigger, it can be bought second hand and installed on your Axis quite easily. One source would be to become a Paid member here and post a WTB ad.

Ricks308
01-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Most likely going to become a paid member in the next few weeks i want to shoot the weapon and see what i get befor swaping out triggers

DocT
01-23-2017, 09:49 PM
I just purchased a .308 axis XP II with acutrigger from dickssportinggoods over Xmas. They're still out there.

ivob
01-24-2017, 05:00 AM
i purchased the last Axis HB 308 from Bullseye in London Ontario (Standard trigger)

Bigguns
02-19-2017, 08:09 AM
I just bought a axis ii HBD predator in 223 from Walmart in arkansas