PDA

View Full Version : Bedding issue....why?

Pages : 1 [2]

chetc
12-31-2016, 01:12 AM
I think that is intentional on the part of Savage. The idea is to pull the action down into the sides of the stock. The sides of the stock prevent the barrel from vibrating side to side. You should watch your setup now to make sure that over time it doesn't start to loosen in the sides.

well after i got thinking about possibly intentional, well why only a few threads caught and a springy feeling when tightening the front screw, can't be intentional, then i forgot my buddy bought the same gun a few weeks later, so i go over to his place and borrow it, took it apart and there it was both front and rear screws were tight and you can see where the action was setting on the bottom of the aluminum frame and the sides were making a contact. so my gun is now where it is as it was to come out of the factory, this can happen to any rifle, so no flame to the mfg. you have to get the action down on the aluminum block, or you will not get the right amount of the screw in the action for proper torque settings, with only a few threads caught the screw may pull the threads one way or the other.

Chet

johned
12-31-2016, 03:54 AM
........ i forgot my buddy bought the same gun a few weeks later, so i go over to his place and borrow it, took it apart ...
Chet

Good work and thanks,

John