PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fort Worth

klee
12-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Glad to be part of some like minded people. I知 Kirk from the Fort Worth Texas area. I知 a big Savage fan and have several of them. About 6 years ago, I was looking for a safe place for my youngest daughter and I to shoot. The local public ranges just did not offer what we were looking for as far as safety and convenience. Started looking around at private clubs and found a club South of town that focuses on development of our youth in the shooting sports. It is a club that relies on a great deal of volunteerism from its members and holds a lot of matches that are intended to help you learn the skills of shooting in competition. Through the involvement in the club and interaction with some skilled shooters, we致e learned a lot about completion shooting. We chose the Savage 12 as our gun of choice. I shoot a 12 BR in 308 Win and she shots F Class 6 BR Norma. Both are set up for benchrest shooting. I also have a 12 set up for hunting. I hand load all of our ammo. Always in pursuit of the one-hole group. Savages are not the usual choice for benchrest shooters in my area. But there lies the challenge, to beat the $5000 customs with a near factory gun. Still in that pursuit and getting closer to getting it done. My daughter, as it turns out, is a natural at benchrest shooting. She痴 impressed some of the top shooters in the club and they are working with her on shooting 1000 Yd Target. Still a ways to go, but she値l get there. Biggest reason to go with Savage is there is no need to have a gunsmith. I can do anything required to improve my guns.

drybean
12-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Welcome aboard an congrads on getting your daughter in the shooting sports

Rick_W
12-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Welcome

ttexastom
12-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
12-28-2016, 12:00 AM
howdy

Hotolds442
12-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Welcome!

Texas Joe
01-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Welcome aboard, I just join this group myself. I live out in Frisco, so it nice to see someone who lives in my neck of the woods on this forum.

dfrosch
01-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Howdy Kirk. Welcome to the forum.

J.Baker
01-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the site!