PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why the Model 14/114 All American Classic in .223 Rem isn't listed on Savages site?

Aussie shooter
12-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know why the Model 14/114 All American Classic in .223 Rem isn't listed on Savages site?. I bought it about two years ago from my local gun shop here in Oz and shortly after buying it, I noticed that the .223Rem was no longer offered in this model. It has been a fautless rifle with one small exception, the magazine , in my opinion, sits a fraction low so that sometimes when chambering a round, the bolt doesn't pick up the round. Does anyone out there have a similar expereince or know why the .223 is no longer offered by Savage?. I did email Savage via their web site link but never recieved a reply, which I tought was rather slack, but I still love my rifle. Cheers from Oz

J.Baker
12-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Savage will discontinue chamberings in a given model if it doesn't sell well. Probably just not much call for the .223 in the Classic.

As for your feeding issue, I would try tweaking the magazine lips ever so slightly with a pair of pliers to allow the top round to sit just a tad higher. Don't go too far though or the lips won't retain the rounds in the magazine.

RC20
12-26-2016, 06:17 PM
. I did email Savage via their web site link but never recieved a reply, which I tought was rather slack, but I still love my rifle. Cheers from Oz

Their actual in person customer service if you call them is great (yea I know its a trendy call from Oz!)

Same experience with email you had, nada.