PDA

View Full Version : Sitting here looking at an AR and a 1.5" piece of Aluminum pipe, I'm gonna build a Chassis

ninner
12-22-2016, 09:58 PM
I've been kicking around the best way to build a quality chassis for my 111 7mm wsm build. I've got a few AR15 lower castings and some aluminum pipe laying around so I'm going to try this out. For simplicity I will stick with single shot for now. I've got a 19x20 lathe and a Harbor Freight Mini Mill but I don't have the tooling to tackle a mag well right now. My thought is I'll fly cut the top of the receiver to match the profile of the pipe so that the trigger sits at the correct position. Not sure of pipe size right now, it will extend over the barrel and provide a place to mount rails and a bi-pod. Other than that a grove for the recoil lug, slot for the trigger and mounting holes should be all that's needed. I will most likely radius cut off the magwell portion for ascetics but it should be good to go. Time to take some measurements and draw this out. It's times like this that I wish I could do more than P&ID's in ACAD.

Rick_W
12-23-2016, 09:45 AM
:pop2:
Keep us posted and provide plenty of pictures.