PDA

View Full Version : Manners mini-chassis, splain me something

Smokinghole
12-22-2016, 07:50 AM
So I've been looking around at stocks and of course my eye keeps wandering to the non-pocket friendly options.

It doesn't seem to exactly spell on manners site concerning modularity. Is the mini chassis inlet the same stock foot print no matter what action you buy the chassis for? For example say I bought a hunter elite stock and savage mini chassis then down the road I got a custom action with M700 footprint and it's own mini-chassis, they should be interchangeable in the same stock that receives the mini chassis, no?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

psharon97
12-22-2016, 11:38 AM
I would ask Manners directly instead of asking here. When I called asking for questions, the staff were really helpful in answering my questions.

clintsrv
12-22-2016, 12:06 PM
The mini chassis they offer will be specific to the action.
The inlet is patterned around the factory DBM or HFP inlet dimensions.
As is Accurate Mag BM and CDI BM as well as other lesser know manufacturers' BM's. They all are very close in design and in the inlet needed.
The action designs (700 v. Savage) are to great in difference to have a "universal" mini chassis for use with 1 stock for mutiple actions.

Also, if they were to design a product like that, you would be reading and hearing it everywhere as that would definitely change aftermarket stock options greatly.

MCS are great people to deal with. Calling them would confirm all information you request.

Smokinghole
12-22-2016, 09:25 PM
I understand the actual mini-chassis is for each respective action. The thing I read and seems to be presented is that the mini-chassis has the same mounting footprint. So a savage in a mini-chassis can swap into a stock that has a M700 mounted mini-chassis or whatever actions they make for the mini-chassis setup. It seemed to me that the stock inletting was for the mini-chassis and that the externals of the mini-chassis was uniform for the stock with the mini-chassis​ inlet obviously specific to the action.

Also I apologize I thought I posted this in the aftermarket stock area but seemed to have fat thumbed it on my phone this morning.

Also I saw I must have autocorrected something that coincided with money but it corrected to business. I didn't mean to imply MCS was "non-business friendly"

MI223
12-23-2016, 06:50 AM
The mini chassis is a bedding system permanently bonded to the stock. No switching after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Smokinghole
12-27-2016, 08:52 PM
With that the case I am less impressed. I think they're nice but too much for my wallet right now. After the stock, flush sling cups, an adjustable comb riser, and upgraded recoil pad it'll be $1100. Plus not modular. I don't have 5 savage actions right now.

I'm looking towards a GRS Berserk now. Seems pretty awesome, gets great reviews, and GRS is lauded by the machining genius behind the mausingfield action.

At Eurooptic they're listed at $430, push button comb/lop adjustment, and flush sling mounts, set for factory DBM as well. For a high quality composite it seems unbeatable.