PDA

View Full Version : how to change out bottom magwell to metal on my brand new model 11 th xp

sevignyjoe
12-21-2016, 09:46 PM
hey guys and girls . so I ordered new metal bottom metal and trigger guard and mag cap for my 11 t h xp but now that I look at the stock .I cant see how to change the magwell but I have not taken the action out so it could be a little premature to panic . if possible any help would be great thanks .

sevignyjoe
12-21-2016, 10:19 PM
come on . one of you savage gurus is gota be able to help me out

dfrosch
12-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Have you tried loosening the screws?

jpdown
12-22-2016, 02:15 PM
You can use the new-style metal bottom bolt release trigger guard on the Savage Trophy Hunter plastic stock. But the older metal DBM frame assembly (surround ) and metal bottom cap will not fit the inlet on the current TH stock. This is because the plastic frame assembly (surround) is now molded into the TH stock and will only work with newer style (Axis) plastic bottom cap tab latch. Therefore, you need a stock that has the DBM inlet compatible with the metal DBM frame assembly. The metal magazine bottom cap only works with the metal frame assembly and latch system. The plastic DBM frame assembly (ex.Savage LWH) only works with the plastic magazine bottom and tab latch system. The metal magazine box and follower can be removed from the plastic bottom cap by squeezing the sides of the metal magazine box. Snaps back onto the metal bottom cap.

sevignyjoe
12-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks that's what I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk