PDA

View Full Version : Swapped out my 300 Blackout to 308 and had one hell of a time getting on target.

ninner
12-20-2016, 07:04 PM
I just swapped my 300 Blackout AXIS build out to a heavy barrel 308 from a model 12. I bought the barrel from the classifieds last year and finally decided what to do with it. Anyway the 300 blackout setup punched one ragged hole at 100 yards so I expected to have an easy time getting on paper. This is where gross overconfidence comes into play. Since I only have one box of hunting ammo and a crap load of milsurp Turkish and Australian ammo I decided to use the turk to sight in, AR10 loves the Australian so I try to save it. After chasing POI all over a 10 inch target at 100 yards I was trying to figure out what came loose or if I screwed up head spacing. I couldn't find anything so I switched to the hunting ammo, shot once, zeroed scope and put 3 in one ragged hole/ would have shot a 5 shot group but I was concerned I'd pull one and screw up a perfect group. I cant wait to get this thing on a 300 yd range. Hell I may have to build one. The really bad thing is I traded off a CETME several years ago because it wouldn't hold a pattern, I only ever shot this Turkish crap in that rifle, SMH.

Ninner

WV1951
12-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Yep. Shame on you for sure. Even some cheap ammo will shoot good, but it may take 5-6 different brands/weights to find out. Usually, good stuff shoots better, but no guarantee.