PDA

View Full Version : 110 with integral bases questions - need advice!!!

BrushyHillGuide
12-19-2016, 11:52 PM
I picked up a late '89 model 110 in .243 from a neighbor for a song and I'm looking to put a modern scope - Leupold VX6 3-18x44 - on it. Couple questions about these integral bases:

1. Are they any good? If not, is there a remedy for them? I prefer Pic rails but I'm guessing we're talking about a gunsmith removing them and tapping the receiver, in order to install a pic rail?

2. Are they Weaver pattern bases? I tried to throw on a set of TPS rings I had laying around, but they won't fit. So, I'm guessing they're Weaver bases. Just need to confirm this before I order some more rings.

3. Is there anything problematic about these bases - something I should know before buying and mounting a good scope on it? Like, 'they're notoriously out of alignment?'

Sorry for all the questions but these are uncharted waters, for me.

RustyShackle
12-20-2016, 12:32 AM
I have heard they are "notoriously out of alignment". But I have never personally owned one, so I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

My advice would be to try Burris sig rings, see if they fit. I think they should, but might prevent damage to a $$$ scope. my .02

BrushyHillGuide
12-20-2016, 01:18 AM
I have heard they are "notoriously out of alignment". But I have never personally owned one, so I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

My advice would be to try Burris sig rings, see if they fit. I think they should, but might prevent damage to a $$$ scope. my .02

I'm planning to use TPS TSRw rings - I use them an NightForce rings on everything but I'll definitely check the alignment with my tools before tightening anything down on on a premium piece of glass. If they're out of alignment I'll either get some Leupold or Burris rings and lap them into alignment. Unless they're so bad that they need to go to the GS. In THAT case, I'll have them install a pic rail. Hopefully, I won't need to go to that extreme.

Zero333
12-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Can you post a pic of what these integral bases looks like ?

If not, that's ok, just though I'd ask cause I'm curious what they look like.