PDA

View Full Version : Are there any low profile cantilever scope mounts out there - AARGH

gurpgork
12-16-2016, 10:25 PM
I need your help. I've looked high and low for a low profile cantilever scope mount. I need to bring my scope back another 1" to 1.5" closer to my eye. Where it is currently positioned forces a very unnatural head position. There are a ton of scope mounts out there, but they are all mostly 1.5" from the base to the center of the rings. Too high. Anyone have any ~1" high scope mount options. This is the setup on my MDT for the 10FCP. Modifying/changing the butt stock is not an option. Thanks in advance.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q502/jgalaxy1/MDT_r3_side_IMG_2955%20-%20cropped_zpskokz4j83.jpg

m12lrs
12-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Looks like the length of pull is a bit excessive.

Guess you could use a rail, Mount an AR cantilevered mount backwards, adjust you cheek riser higher and raise your adjustable butt to its highest point

gurpgork
12-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Yup. LOP hassles. **** buffer tube adapter.
I tried my AR cantilevered Vortex mount. It sites high (also 1.5" from base to center of rings). I'm maxxed out on the cheek riser too.
A buddy suggested I get a longer rail and have it extend back behind the bolt and use the current rings to bring the scope closer to my eye. I'm not too keen on that idea. Besides potentially obstructing the bolt, a bit of an eye sore as well.

Sleeper99
12-17-2016, 10:02 AM
I have a very similar set up, I would try returning the MDT skeletonized stock you are running. I've never used one but I know when I get into higher magnification levels with my set up I just shorten the LOP on my collapsible Magpul stock (cheek risers are available in 0.25"-0.75" heights) another option is the Luth AR collapsible buttstock. I know you said changing the stock was not an option, but I don't see a way around it. You need a different stock, an AR mount backwards/higher cheek riser, or longer eye relief in your scope.

I would start with calling MDT and giving them your problem, they may be helpful.

243LPR
12-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Maybe find extension rings and use the extended one on the back.

Robinhood
12-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Fix the LOP.

Zero333
12-20-2016, 10:08 AM
SPUHR makes 1.18" ones with a variety of cant's from 0moa to 44 moa and a few in between. Not a cheap mount but it's the cream of the crop, so they say.