PDA

View Full Version : Boyd stock for Model 111 Trophy Hunter XP

Cajun48
12-16-2016, 01:18 AM
I have the Model 111 Trophy Hunter XP with the bottom bolt release. According to Boyd's Stocks I will have to get the metal magazine well parts for a wood stock along with a square end trigger guard to make my reciever work with their stock. Would appreciate some help with part nomenclature and best place to buy these parts. The stock is the Boyd Prarie Hunter with a Monte Carlo style comb. Any and all help/additional info will be greatly appreciated! AJ B

jpdown
12-16-2016, 01:22 PM
You need a metal BBR trigger guard, LA DBM frame assembly (surround) and LA magazine bottom cap. Read this article: http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial. Quickest way is to order directly online through www.SavageArms.com Store/Partfinder tab or call Savage Arms direct. Plug in the serial number for a Savage LA that was released with metal bottom bolt release trigger guard and DBM bottom parts to get the correct part numbers.

RC20
12-16-2016, 01:38 PM
Or you can do what I did and turn it into a blind magazine!

Still a work in progress. I can release the bolt with a tool, got rid of the plastic tire house (it was cracked), filled it in with a wood block for single loading.

I have the Sear/Side bolt release, as soon as I get the xmas tree for my wife I will see if I can finagle it In (bend it a bit)

It has to work right and if not then the next step.

If not a bit of grinding down the back part of the receiver to allow it to fit and good to go.

That's just me, I hate that bottom bolt release great deal on the gun and I don't mine playing with this one as I have two good solid ones while I do so.

This is my play rifle, I have 3 barrels I am working with, all OEM Savage, 30-06 pencil, the 270 Pencil that came on it and a 308 varmint off another gun I want to see how good I can get with all 3 with 5 shots (particularly in the pencil barrels as informed they will do it with the right loads!)

Cajun48
12-16-2016, 10:42 PM
jp, Thanks for the info. It was what I was looking for. After I made my post I did a google on it. 3rd line down was for this website. Got the same info you just gave me also found out that the ref'd post was 2 posts down from mine. Talk about feeling a bit dumb! AJ B

txsavageshtr
01-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Is there part numbers for the metal surround and magazine bottom? I'm dealing with the same issue and the url didn't work for the tutorial :/

Cajun48
01-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Is there part numbers for the metal surround and magazine bottom? I'm dealing with the same issue and the url didn't work for the tutorial :/ These are the 3 p/n I was told to get. All are Savage p/n: 107217 (Trigger Guard), 106706 (Frame Assembly), 106104 (Mag Bottom). These numbers are for the Savage Model 111 (long action) Trophy Hunter. Hope it helps! aj b