PDA

View Full Version : MSR10: New Savage AR!

Pages : [1] 2

snowgetter1
12-15-2016, 11:50 PM
I really can't believe it.
https://youtu.be/DOMl4h9Wxk0

DrThunder88
12-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Interesting. The left side charging handle seems to be the most distinguishing thing about it, but with ARs it is hard to stand out.

Dave Hoback
12-17-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm not surprised. Was only a matter of time. Little too late in my book. I have never purchased an AR. I have been building them since 2005. And to me, the ones I build now are hands down better than any on the market. And now with these 80% receivers, there is even less reason to by one. I'm sure it will be nice, but I bet it ends up being rediculously expensive and do what pretty much every AR does. Shoot effectively.

sharpshooter
12-17-2016, 03:49 PM
The AR market bubble bursts, so all the AR makers tap into the Savage market by making prefit barrels. So then Savage counters by making AR's.............. how ironic. Everybody is following the herd....

Robinhood
12-17-2016, 06:47 PM
The AR market bubble bursts, so all the AR makers tap into the Savage market by making prefit barrels. So then Savage counters by making AR's.............. how ironic. Everybody is following the herd....

No chit! Ironic indeed.

snowgetter1
12-17-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm not surprised. Was only a matter of time. Little too late in my book. I have never purchased an AR. I have been building them since 2005. And to me, the ones I build now are hands down better than any on the market. And now with these 80% receivers, there is even less reason to by one. I'm sure it will be nice, but I bet it ends up being rediculously expensive and do what pretty much every AR does. Shoot effectively.

I am with you. I just can't believe there is that much of a market left for another AR. I too enjoy building an AR more than buying.

homefrontsniper
12-18-2016, 04:44 AM

Better. Then les bear. CLE. White oak. JP enterprises

ninner
12-18-2016, 11:25 AM
I like the side charging handle on my FN FAL and It looks good on the AR but I don't see them being in the $500 to $600 range they would need to be in to sell.

Dave Hoback
12-19-2016, 12:06 AM
Better. Then les bear. CLE. White oak. JP enterprises

Absolutely! Because each one is built with EXACTLY the parts I wanted. You never have to settle for anything when your building your own. Everyone I know who has ever been an AR builder feels the same.

J.Baker
12-19-2016, 01:52 PM
This is something Fred and I have discussed more times than I'd care to count for several years now. We both knew it would come eventually, but why...WHY jump into a market at this point that's already overly saturated? Sprinfield Armory has done the same thing with their new AR - the Saint. WHY?!?!?!?!

It's the same with the 1911 market. Everybody and their brother is making them and you can buy one brand new for as little as $450. Yet Ruger and Ithaca and Remington have all come out with their own 1911's in the last few years - and I'm sure a few other manufacturers will follow suit in the very near future as well.

Then there's the Remington 700 clone market - another avenue that Ithaca decided to go down recently because they can't come up with anything new or original of their own.

Lest we not forget the Savage 10/110 clone's - the Mossberg Patriot/MVP rifles, the Ruger American, the Remington 783 and the discontinued Marlin M7 rifles that all copied the 10/110 design simplicity.

Welcome to the 21st Century of American firearm manufacturing - aka the "Me Too" mob. And this is why I haven't purchased a NEW gun in several years, because there's very little NEW that's actually NEW.

dfrosch
12-19-2016, 03:02 PM
This is something Fred and I have discussed more times than I'd care to count for several years now. We both knew it would come eventually, but why...WHY jump into a market at this point that's already overly saturated? Sprinfield Armory has done the same thing with their new AR - the Saint. WHY?!?!?!?!

It's the same with the 1911 market. Everybody and their brother is making them and you can buy one brand new for as little as $450. Yet Ruger and Ithaca and Remington have all come out with their own 1911's in the last few years - and I'm sure a few other manufacturers will follow suit in the very near future as well.

Then there's the Remington 700 clone market - another avenue that Ithaca decided to go down recently because they can't come up with anything new or original of their own.

Lest we not forget the Savage 10/110 clone's - the Mossberg Patriot/MVP rifles, the Ruger American, the Remington 783 and the discontinued Marlin M7 rifles that all copied the 10/110 design simplicity.

Welcome to the 21st Century of American firearm manufacturing - aka the "Me Too" mob. And this is why I haven't purchased a NEW gun in several years, because there's very little NEW that's actually NEW.

The Terminator: Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Pawn Shop Clerk: [annoyed] Hey, just what you see, pal!

homefrontsniper
12-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Absolutely! Because each one is built with EXACTLY the parts I wanted. You never have to settle for anything when your building your own. Everyone I know who has ever been an AR builder feels the same.

Had all 4 . les bear was amazing accurate with 77 smk and reloder 15 . And 55 v-max

Dave Hoback
12-24-2016, 02:23 PM
I never said these upper echelon AR's weren't accurate. I said the AR's I build are better because I can tailor each one to the individual owner. MrFurious said the same market flooding goes with 1911's as well. Yup! Same reason I build those well! I purchased a Springfield Mil-Spec & then an SW1911 when I started in USPSA for fun. That was well over a decade ago! Take any $2000+ AR15 or 1911, and start looking at parts.

godale
12-25-2016, 01:53 PM
Guess it was coming . I really have no interest in a ar no matter who makes it . For others they work but not for me . Really think it's bad timing to enter the market but I am sure the bean counters at savage know best !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.Baker
12-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Stopped by the local high volume gun shop the other day and this subject came up. I asked him how AR's were selling, he said they weren't - except for one. I asked which one, he said the Springfield Saint - and only because it's new (he's sold 8 so far). He pretty much shares the rest of our views on the AR market in that it's overly saturated, played out, and any manufacturer would be a fool to want to get into it as a new player at this point.

The Savage appears to have a left side charging handle which would separate it some from the pack. I've never used one so I can't say if that's a good thing or not, and as a lefty I find the somewhat ambidextrous standard charging handle to be just fine where it is.

I would have much rather seen Savage put their time and effort into developing an all new bolt-action rimfire platform with better magazines or fixing the known issues/shortcomings in the existing centerfire lines.

godale
12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Your right about the rim fire mags when I try to get people on savage rifles that's all I hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMD11111
12-28-2016, 02:26 PM
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Savage_Arms_MSR_15_Patrol_223_5_56_16_22900_p/gun-22900.htm?utm_source=JoeBob+Subscribers&utm_campaign=9ccc790a6d-Newsletter_Week_122616&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d85e6c4367-9ccc790a6d-287153181&goal=0_d85e6c4367-9ccc790a6d-287153181&mc_cid=9ccc790a6d&mc_eid=77242c6c80

5R rifling is a nice touch. Not keen on Blackhawk furnature but considering Savage owns them it was a given. Other than that nothings special.

LoneWolf
12-28-2016, 03:00 PM
I would have much rather seen Savage put their time and effort into developing an all new bolt-action rimfire platform with better magazines or fixing the known issues/shortcomings in the existing centerfire lines.

This!

TMD11111
12-28-2016, 04:52 PM
This!

http://www.savagearms.com/news/

Ask and ye shall receive

J.Baker
12-29-2016, 02:47 AM
Liking Savage's new website. The old one was a little to dark and dreary for my taste. Now if they would just create an RSS feed for their news page.