PDA

View Full Version : ???? Price Check/History Savage 114 in .270?????

CZVZ
12-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Stopped by the LGS and saw on the used rack a Savage 114 in .270 W in really good shape and the asking price was $250.00 dollars. Not knowing anything about the model i went home and researched it on the internet. Most of what I came up with is a 114 Classic with Accutriger, detachable magazine, and Monte Carlo stock. The one I looked at had no Accutrigger, No Monte Carlo Stock and Im almost certain, no detachable magazine. So Im asking, Is this an early version? Or possible a recent Cheapened down version? Is $250.00 a fair price? And can someone give me the history/years of production? And lastly "Buy Now" or "Run Away"

Thank You
CZVZ

keeki
12-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Buy it, the action alone is worth more than that

FW Conch
12-15-2016, 08:42 AM
keeki speaks the truth! Don't pass that deal up! :-)

godale
12-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Don't walk ... run and hi grab it . It is a earlier model of the 114 .as others said the action is super and with the price alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkker
12-15-2016, 12:41 PM
+1. everyday and twice on sunday

godale
12-15-2016, 12:52 PM
In my area good rifles are hard to find . Most of the stock around here is shot guns . The gander might have some but you might as well buy new . They mark used 710 s for 329[emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC20
12-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Not too bad but do keep in mind that with no accu trigger and if you want a good one that is upwards of $100 added to the cost

I like the accu trigger so it would not be for me.

keeki
12-15-2016, 04:15 PM
It could very well have a 3 screw in it already

Robinhood
12-15-2016, 05:10 PM
I would pull the bolt out and look at the head and the BAS. If it is modern I would jump on it. Even a flat back is a good move.

CZVZ
12-15-2016, 11:02 PM
OK, It sound like I NEED this gun, so I will be putting it on layaway tomorrow. Just a few points of clarification... keeki "It could very well have a 3 screw in it already" .... what dose 3 screws mean? And Robinhood "I would pull the bolt out and look at the head and the BAS. If it is modern I would jump on it. Even a flat back is a good move" What is a BAS and what is a flat back? And thank you all for the education!

CZVZ

Maztech89
12-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Bolt Assembly Screw. The screw in the rear of the bolt just in front of the safety when closed will take an Allen key if it is a more modern action. Older models were simply slotted for a large screwdriver.

Flat back refers to the top of the action where the scope based mount and it's just as the name implies. Most likely flat in the rear where the two threaded screw holes are behind the ejection port and round in front of the ejection port.

A three screw trigger is the latest trigger design prior to their switch to the accutrigger. They are adjustable and can be made into a very nice light crisp hunting trigger reliably if you take your time and have a bit of mechanical aptitude or a smith could easily tune it up for you if you aren't comfortable following one of the online guides. I prefer the 3 screw to the accutrigger.

I'd buy it in a heart beat for 250 bones. The last one I bought around that price was a flood gun with damaged stock and a rusty bore. And I'm in an area with lots of used savages on the racks.