PDA

View Full Version : New to Savage and confusedgive it a rest and

Pages : 1 [2]

greyghost
12-20-2016, 07:34 PM
I don't know who told you the 10 FCP-SR is junk, Had to be a Rem troller or someone from sniper central, Because junk they are not, I did like bottom metal and accurate mag better than what savage now offers, So I changed mine out to accurate mag, And that is the ONLY difference between the old model and the new, A guy at the range had the old one and we compared them The only thing different between his and mine is the digital stock period, Unless you buy one from cabelas then it will not have the accu stock but buying from cabelas or wally world is a gamble at best, They order special rifles at a cheaper price and usually give up something to do it, But you would be well served with a 10 FCP-SR mine is 1/2 or better moa all the time if I do what I should believe me the rifle is good to go, You will not be disapointed

tcoz
12-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks Abbie and greyghost. I came to the conclusion that they weren't junk after doing some extensive reading over the past few days. After going back and forth I'm back to considering the 10 FCP-SR as my top choice. I can't in all good conscience ignore the accuracy vs cost factor. After spending a number of years handloading for milsurp and AR platform rifles, I've decided that I'm going to load for accuracy with this, my first .308 and if I'm going to do that I should buy the most accurate rifle within my price range. Nobody anywhere disputes the fact that Savage is the leader in that category.
BTW, the 10 FCP-SR does have the AccuStock

shaggy151
12-21-2016, 09:37 AM
I didn't realize that Savage made a 10 FCP-SR in 6.5 Creedmoor, but I was in my local gun shop and I came across what the dealer told me was a brand new distributor only model. It's labeled just a Savage 10. It's chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and its got a 24" (non-fluted) heavy barrel with a threaded muzzle. Its got the accu-trigger and comes in the same type of accu-stock as the FCP-SR, except in flat dark earth color. Its also got 10 10rd detachable magazine that looks like the magazines in the FCP-SR as well. It was priced at $599. I took a couple of pics of it.