PDA

View Full Version : 10 fcp hs scope and mount problems

playtime
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I recently purchased a model 10 fcp hs with Bushnell's 4200 elite, benchsource mount, and Leopold rings. I am having trouble sighting it in. It seems that the scope doesn't have enough windage. Am I just an idiot or is there something else going on that I haven't thought of. I am pretty new at the whole set up thing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

DanSavage
08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
You can usually tell if your scope is centered with the barrel by setting the rifle on bi pod or sand bags, stand back a little behind rifle and look at the end of the scope bell. The barrel should be centered underneath the scope. If it isn't you might have a bad mount or ring's, or even worse the holes that are drilled to accept the mount could be miss allined. I have seen other posts on this site where the barrel was the problem, but that is rare and Savage would make it right if you purchased it new.

playtime
08-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I haven't tried to check the holes for the mount. That is something that I will definitely look into. I have tried two different types of rings with the same result. thanks