PDA

View Full Version : Hawke Optics

MichaelStrauss
12-10-2016, 10:07 AM
It seems as though I see mention of Hawke Optics a lot lately, but I've not seen any feedback on their performance. The line is very wide and priced reasonably; are they worth consideration? What do they compare to quality wise? Thanks!

35Whelenshooter
12-10-2016, 07:46 PM
I know that they have a lifetime warranty on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stomp442
12-11-2016, 11:48 AM
They are ok. We have had a couple of them. Glass is very clear with lots of good features. One we have had on everything from pellet guns to magnums with no problems. The other a higher end model I can't remember what it was we put on a .250 Savage bench rest gun and it had tracking issues right from the get go. Hawke wanted to hassle a lot to resolve the issue. Long story short we finally ended up getting a replacement and that one has worked fine. Customer service from Hawke left a bad taste in our mouths and we have spent our money else where since.

savgebolt
12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
i have a Hawke sidewinder 4.5 x14, side focus , illuminated retical, i like the scope,,, the illuminated retical switch is hard as hell to turn, i love the scope for the nite shooting i use it for , optics are ok,,,, good ,,,, its a bit heavy,,,,, id buy it again ,,,,

hunter540
12-18-2016, 10:34 AM
I have two Hawke Illuminated scopes... Not the rifle scope but Xbow scopes... And I really like them. I fell through an old rotting bridge and smacked and bent the eye bell on the scope on rocks that were on the bridge... The impact was hard, one second I was walking, the next second my right leg was through the bridge up to my hip... My guide had to pull me out of the hole! Lucky for me I wasn't injured, just very sore, and able to walk it off. I thought the scope was toast, but continued the morning hunt. Back at camp, I checked the zero @ 30 yards and it was dead on... Moral of the story is that they make a tough scope! I still use that scope as a backup.