PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 FCP HS Precision .308 Report

NewGramps
12-09-2016, 10:54 PM
I'd just like to provide a data point for those considering, or having recently purchased this rifle. As with any product, I've seen varying reports and would like to add one more to the record.

I purchased this gun new about 10 months ago and have about 750 rounds through it. All have been factory ammo from Black Hills, Norma, Hornady and Federal. In early testing, it clearly preferred Federal Match with the 175 SMK HPBT. The gun is stock, with a USO ST-10 scope plus Badger 20 MOA base & rings. Most of my shooting has been prone or off a bench with a Harris bipod and rear bag. I use a Triad stock pouch which works well for the combination of my anatomy and the Badger ring height. The hardware, stock and scope together feel more than solid. If I miss, I am confident that I can beat just about anything into submission with this gun -- probably without losing my zero. :heh:

I can honestly say that my copy was a sub-1MOA gun out of the box with its preferred ammo. At shorter ranges, with minimal wind, and when I'm not screwing something up: I can get .5 MOA with the aforementioned Federal ammo. No malfunctions, although the magazine lets me know if I've been less than positive when manipulating the bolt.

Last weekend, I attended CORE Shooting Solutions' "Intro to Long Range Precision Rifle" course at their facility near Baker, FL. (Recommended). Along with the other participants, I was consistently hitting IPSC steel targets at 800 yards, minimal wind, by the middle of the first day of class.

Im happy. YMMV.

Gramps