PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Issues with MKII bolt

Lorenzo
12-06-2016, 08:19 PM
So I unscrewed the front half of the bolt of (part that contains firing pin) just to see how things were looking (i am probably around a thousand rounds or two) everything looked fine, spring was clean still had light grease. Ever since I put it back together I have been getting like 9/10 FTF that look like light primer strikes. Does anybody know how many rotations your supposed to make when you screw that part of bolt back on? I have tried lots of different ammo. This gun has run flawlessly for about 2 years having a FTF every once in a blue moon with some cheaper ammo but nothing like this.
Supposed to shoot a match sunday but no way unless I get this straightened out.

Maztech89
01-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Did you remove the E clip from the firing pin spring? Make sure it's fully seated and not distorted from removal. I cleaned mine once and suddenly had light strike issues that never existed previously. Turns out I had the E clip dragging inside the bolt body slowing everything down. It's been a while so I can't picture in my head exactly how everything was but I know nothing was taken apart or assembled by "turns" it was fully tightened with that tiny thin little wrench I had to slip between the two halves. Sorry I'm not more help. I haven't been playing with it much at all this year.