PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a quandary

Arkie
12-03-2016, 09:59 PM
At 62 my vision ain't what it used to be so I wear no-line bifocals. My issue is, most of the time out in the woods or stand hunting my glasses will slide down just enough that I end up sighting through scope over the top of my glasses. If I set clearest sight picture with glasses and they slide down the scope view is fuzzy. If I set over the top of glasses, sight picture is fuzzy. Other than gluing the glasses to the bridge of my nose what's the best remedy? Which sight picture should I try to keep scope set for?

Bob

Rick_W
12-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Bob,

How about a strap/keeper for your glasses to keep them from sliding down?

https://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/full/Z-K-D0fo5oy.JPG

Arkie
12-04-2016, 12:55 AM
Rick, don't know, I'll give it some thought. With bad hearing I can't wear my hearing aids and fire a gun so I wear electronic muffs that amplify normal sound, shut off excess Db. Don't know if I can tolerate another "do-hickey" on my head. This getting old ain't for pussies.

Bob

jpx2rk
12-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Try getting your eyeglass frames adjusted so they fit tighter and don't slide down. I wear no-line tri focals, and have my glasses adjusted so they stay put 99% of the time as I cannot stand do have to push my glasses up all the time. New nose pads on the frames might help too.

savgebolt
12-04-2016, 10:11 AM
i wear reading glasses, for small print and close stuff ,,,,,,, if my shooting situation allowed , such as bench,,,,predator call stand , i wouldnt have glasses on,,,,, just my thought , might need em for walking around though,,,,,

bearcatrp
12-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Those no line bifocals is the culprit. I had to get rid of mine and go back to lines. If you look at how the prescription is, its like a hour glass with the top prescription larger than the lower. For shooting, wear line bifocals or glasses without the bifocal. Another option is those glasses that look like swimming goggles. Basketball players were them. Looks goofy though.

m12lrs
12-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Well I just won't wear bifocal

I have reading.and seeing glasses at all times

I adjust my scope for no glasses and drop my sunglasses down on the string when I go to shoot

At the range when they require glasses I have a pair of shooting glasses with my distance prescription in them.

Any way you go about it it is a pain.

Rob01
12-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Try getting your eyeglass frames adjusted so they fit tighter and don't slide down. I wear no-line tri focals, and have my glasses adjusted so they stay put 99% of the time as I cannot stand do have to push my glasses up all the time. New nose pads on the frames might help too.

Exactly what I was going to post. I wear progressive bifocals and had to play around with them to get them to stay at the right place on my face and adjusting the ear pieces of the frame and nose pads did it.

Haiku_Rodney
12-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Do a search on Amazon for "non-slip eyeglass". You can get add-on nose pads and ear pieces that should help keep your glasses from slipping.

Due to circumstances, I took a different approach and went with contact lenses and mono-vision. I am left eye dominant and wear a correcting lens in my left eye for distance. My right eye is corrected for reading. This is something that doesn't work for everybody. Your brain switches back and forth between the eyes for best vision. The bad part is you lose binocular vision and have to be careful with your balance.

Rich Coyle
12-27-2016, 04:16 PM
If you can save up and get some titanium frames and the lightest lenses you put them on in the morning and don't have to touch them till you take them off at night.

godale
02-05-2017, 09:27 AM
I have a similar problem . I take my glasses back every three months to get them adjusted to my face . Seems over a period of time they get lose . Eye dr is a champ and don't yell . I won't use the strap as I am 49 and I think it makes me look old .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zr600
02-08-2017, 01:30 PM
To hell with noise I would get a surpressor. Couldn't you just push your glasses back up right before you look through your scope? Make it a routine to do before you go to shoot. Just like we all click off the safety before we shoot. Glad I don't have to deal with that yet but I'm sure I will in years to come.