PDA

View Full Version : Model 16 conversion to Accustock bottom metal ???

bamastrike
12-02-2016, 08:24 PM
I am putting an Accustock (model 10 4.4" Bottom Release) on my Model 16 308 hunting rifle. I know about the accustock recoil barrel lug, which is no problem to change, as I have the barrel nut and tools. Question is: what bottom metal could I purchase, likely from Savage, that I could possibly use the original Model 16 Detachable flush 4 round magazine? Or do I have to purchase both a new bottom metal and magazine?

Surely someone has been down this road, I love my Savages, on how accurate they are, and easy to home gunsmith work on.

Thanks

jpdown
12-02-2016, 09:44 PM
See the following article on bottom metal. http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Pa.

Contact Savage Arms Customer Service to order the stainless metal bottom parts directly. Or you can use the follow serial numbers for Savage 16 models that came with metal DBM assembly (SN- G901181) or Hinged Floor Plate (HFP) assembly (SN- G901340) bottom parts. Go to the Savage Arms store/part finer tab online to order directly. You are going to need the stainless metal frame assembly (surround), metal magazine bottom cap and metal BBR trigger guard and most likely the 3 matching stainless bottom screws. You current standard SA metal magazine box with follower snaps onto the metal magazine bottom cap.