PDA

View Full Version : boyds thats like factory stock?

ohihunter2014
12-01-2016, 03:43 PM
I have a axis 2 HB 223 I want to throw a boyds on and torn what to get. It will be used for bench shooting, coyote and woodchuck hunting. I don't want the pro varmint as the handle looks uncomfortable.

what boyds stock in laminate has the buttstock just like the factory?

hereinaz
12-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Prairie hunter? The provarmint are more comfortable to me. I dont have to "cock" my wrist at a forward angle.

Look at benchrest shooter guns, and consider why its called the provarmint.

I'd see if you can find one, you might like it.

SageRat Shooter
12-01-2016, 06:00 PM
I agree that the Pro varmint design is more comfortable to shoot in a prone position for sure.. However, I do have a Prairie Hunter on my varmint 22-250 rifle, that I shoot off of a bench and bag and is still quite comfortable.

hereinaz
12-01-2016, 06:47 PM
I haven't looked in awhile, but the principal difference seem to be the comb design.

toddcdozer
12-02-2016, 01:12 AM
Provarmint style stocks are the result of 200 yrs of stock design BEYOND the stock style. Ergonomics are orders of magnitude better and much easier to shoot accurately and mitigate recoil, rise and twist much better. This design was influenced by people who sit or lie with a gun for DAYS at a time waiting for a shot, COMFORT and CONTROL is why they were developed.

RC20
12-02-2016, 01:18 PM
I like the Thumbhole. My lightweight in 30-06 with a Shilen bull is shooting 1/2 MOA when I am on with a good load.

I just put the other LA in a Varmint Thumbhole, heavier more target stock. Shot some good groups of 1/2 inch with a Savage Varmint 308 barrel

Thumbhole is very close to a pistol grip and its comfortable with a good rest on the hand for a squeeze straight back.