PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help on a model 11 stock

JamieN
11-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone,
New savage owner here, but not new to rifles in general, and I have a question about aftermarket stocks...
I have a model 11 xp trophy hunter in .308 that I have just recently purchased. So far, I'm pretty pleased with how the gun shoots, but I can already tell that I want to replace the synthetic stock with an aftermarket version...I have been doing a bit of homework on what will or will not fit my rifle, and I THINK I have a pretty good handle on it, but I want some info\ advice to see if I'm correct
I'm looking at the Bell & Carlson tactical M40 stock that they offer for the Savage model 10. Now, if I'm correct the model 10 and model 11 are the same except for barrel contour, synthetic vs wood stock, and the all important bottom metal. So, can I call up Savage and order the bottom metal kit for the model 11, and be in business with this stock? And another question regarding the bottom metal. I understand that Savage has bottom metal that is actually metal, and also the plastic version of the same? I want the metal version,but want to make sure that would work with this stock. My gun is one of the new versions with the bolt release in the trigger guard, and the DBM with the plastic catch on the magazine.
thanks for any input you can give me.

Mike1961
12-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Just bumping.
I have a 11VT 308 short action looking for the same information.
But I'm looking at the HS Precision M24 Stock.

jpdown
12-04-2016, 01:41 PM
The DBM/HFP inlet for Savage factory and aftermarket stocks are a standard inlet size across the model lines. To replace the current plastic bottom parts with metal, you need the correct SA or LA metal DBM/HFP frame assembly (surround), metal magazine bottom cap and metal old-style trigger guard with thin front lip (Top bolt release action), or new-style trigger guard with thicker front lip (Bottom bolt release). Your current metal magazine box with follower snaps onto the metal magazine bottom cap and clips into the metal DBM frame assembly. The newer Savage factory synthetic stock models like the Trophy Hunter now have the plastic frame assembly (surround) molded into the stock. You may find the following article on this sites home page helpful. http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial.

Use the rifle serial numbers in the article chart to pull up the part diagrams/numbers for Savage Arms web site under Store/Partfinder tab. Listed are various older Savage models that were sold with the SA or LA metal bottom parts you need for aftermarket stocks that have the Savage SA or LA DBM/HFP inlet. Several aftermarket site vendors now also offer Savage bottom metal parts (ex. CDI Precision) that work with higher capacity magazines.

Becoming a paid site member will give you access to the classified section and a lot more information.

Mr.Sparkle
12-14-2016, 07:02 PM
I am in the process of putting my Model 11 .223 Predator Hunter in the B&C M40 (#1012) stock - just waiting for the stock to arrive. I obtained the required bottom metal by picking up a used SA AccuStock and harvesting the pieces from it. If you can't do that, you can order the following parts from Savage:

- Trigger Guard Assembly (matte) - 107217
- Frame Assembly (SA, matte) - 106705
- Magazine Bottom Plate (SA, matte) - 106245

anzini51
12-14-2016, 11:26 PM
Good information here, thanks.
I'm looking at the Bell and Carlson stock now.... where do you plan to purchase it?

Mr.Sparkle
12-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Good information here, thanks.
I'm looking at the Bell and Carlson stock now.... where do you plan to purchase it?

I'm in Canada so I am not sure if I can help with your purchase. RedHawkRifles seems like a good place in the US. If you do happen to be in Canada, let me know!

Sleeper99
12-15-2016, 09:40 PM
I have an old accu-stock laying around. I can look at it tomorrow and see what is has. I know it's a short action. The guy I bought it from had bedded it to his action and I never got around to dremmeling it out to put my action in it. What is it that you are looking for, maybe I could help you out.

Sleeper99
12-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Sorry I took me a few days to get back to you, here is a picture of the bottom metal I have in the stock. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys can tell you if it will help you out. Yours for the price of shipping if it helps you. Just shoot me a PM.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161220/0fe619ff7617758e97af0b1c3642a260.jpg