PDA

View Full Version : The small but mighty 220 F strikes again...

EFBell
11-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Shot a nice big doe today with the mighty 220F with Rem 2-3/4" Acutip at 152 yards. Dead on hold right through the shoulders... This thing really changed the game for slug hunting only areas.

big honkin jeep
11-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Good to hear another 220 success story. I have been reading great things for quite a while about the 220s.
The 220 in 20ga seems to have turned the 20ga shotgun into a most capable rifle with less drop than the 12Ga and plenty of punch as well as reach as one would expect from a .615 bore rifle.
I know several companys make BDC reticle scopes for various calibers and I'm a big fan of the Burris Ballistic Plex on my rifles. I haven't looked into it but is anyone making one compatible with the 20Ga slugs?

EFBell
11-29-2016, 08:55 PM
I have had great results with this rig. I have an ordinary 3-9 Vari-X 2 on it because I had it on the shelf and found no reason to change it. I use the Acutips exclusively after trying just about all of the premium slugs available when I first set up the rig. If you are hunting in a shotgun only zone I cannot recommend a better choice. I set mine up about 3-1/2" high at 100 yards which gives me a 150 yard zero with the 2-3/4" slugs. Ballistic drop is similar to the 12 gauge slugs of the same style but it is a much easier shooting weapon in 20 gauge and power is more than adequate. I bought mine almost as soon as they hit the market and I never regretted it.

Mike (PDog-06) on the forum got one of the BDC scopes for his and it works great for him.

pdog06
12-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Congrats Ed!

Love these shotguns! Ive taken mine for a walk a few times this season but have yet to connect on anything with it. Ive been doing a lot more bow hunting. Lost my normal spot that ive had for years, but Got permission to hunt for me and my boy on a small horse farm that borders 5500 acres of a non hunted Nature Preserve! Only downfall is I told them I would only bow hunt it. Its been ALOT of fun with just my son and I, and weve killed a boatload of deer.

EFBell
12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Good to hear from you Mike. I know all about loosing my good spots.Glad to hear your getting some quality hunting in with your son.