PDA

View Full Version : Ever been disuaded from purchasing a gun

psharon97
11-27-2016, 06:31 PM
I've been looking at getting a subcompact 9mm for some time and was at Academy to see what was out there. I really like my sigp250 compact model. I was checking out the Smith and Wesson M&P 9c and noticed an abomination inscribed on the pistol. "Caution - capable of going off with magazine removed" That inscription has instantly removed the pistol from my choice of guns. I don't need warning labels on my guns. :(

30-06shooter
11-27-2016, 06:47 PM
I was handling a gun that had "made in Croatia" inscribed on it. i immediately put it down and found one that said made in the USA on it.

mbohuntr
11-27-2016, 07:11 PM
I've been looking at getting a subcompact 9mm for some time and was at Academy to see what was out there. I really like my sigp250 compact model. I was checking out the Smith and Wesson M&P 9c and noticed an abomination inscribed on the pistol. "Caution - capable of going off with magazine removed" That inscription has instantly removed the pistol from my choice of guns. I don't need warning labels on my guns. :(

I wouldn't make too much out of that, The Ruger LCP is designed that way, but the Glock and M &P Shield are not, and they are both VERY good guns... My 2c...

big honkin jeep
11-27-2016, 07:46 PM
As a much younger man I bought a couple of Taurus handguns.
Yep, the problems I had with each of them dissuaded me from ever buying another.

tufrthnails
11-27-2016, 07:58 PM
As a much younger man I bought a couple of Taurus handguns.
Yep, the problems I had with each of them dissuaded me from ever buying another.

X2 on their Semi autos.

The way the M&PC works is the gun can be fired by pulling the trigger with the clip removed. The shield has a mag detach lever that makes it inoperable. I have been kicking around getting a 9c but just can't come off the dough when my shield does the job of EDC very well.

psharon97
11-27-2016, 10:19 PM
As a younger and more naive man myself I bought a revolver that was not Smith&Wesson, Colt, or Ruger. After sending said Taurus revolver back, twice, I now will never purchase a Taurus. I have an aversion to safety labels on much of anything. I always treat a gun in a manner that the gun can be fired. That inscription reminds me too much of the Hillary hole that is drilled in most newer Smiths.

Robinhood
11-27-2016, 10:20 PM
The 24-7's have served many well.

30-06shooter
11-27-2016, 10:45 PM
Can't beat a Taurus pt92, 99, 100, 101, 911, 940, or 945. All are excellent shooters and VERY reliable.

big honkin jeep
11-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Can't beat a Taurus pt92, 99, 100, 101, 911, 940, or 945. All are excellent shooters and VERY reliable.

I had and sold, with full disclosure, 2 of the models on your list as well as a couple of revolvers that weren't worth the metal they were made of.
Several trips back and forth to the manufacturer with multiple revolvers and pistols before giving up completely on the brand. Still have an 85 and a 608 that have been back to the manufacturer that I dont trust even though the 8" 608 has taken several deer over the decades and has repeatedly put 8 rounds into a 3" dot at 50 yards from a rest. The crane and cylinder seems just as likely to fall off during a reload and bounce off the concrete. (it was never abused or closed "cowboy style")