PDA

View Full Version : Model 10T trigger

chetc
11-26-2016, 11:00 AM
not crazy about the bottom bolt release on the Cabelas 10T, is the sear from a model 12 with the top bolt release a drop in fit on the 10T

Chet

foxx
11-26-2016, 11:14 AM
No. it is not. The problem isn't so much the sear as the action. The top bolt release actions are relieved on the side to allow the bolt release to slide by. The bottom bolt release actions are not. Some have tried bending the release lever on the sear so it will work around the wider/rounder side of the action, but it can break. Also, stocks are inletted differently. I suppose you could also machine a flat relief on the side of the 10t to make more room for the bolt release.

They can be converted, but you would have to inspect them closely to see what needs to be done. It's rather self evident, but not all that easy.

chetc
11-26-2016, 01:11 PM
thanks Foxx

i never noticed there is no flat, going to check it out it's no big deal for me the mill a flat, slap it in the bridgeport, finish sand polish and reblue. or maybe i may just let it be unless i go to a aftermarket stock,

Chet

foxx
11-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Well, sounds to me like you got what it takes to do it. I would, in that case. I HATE the bottom bolt release.