PDA

View Full Version : RPLP target action

jim110
11-24-2016, 09:10 PM
I just but together a 6mmBR with a right bolt left port target action and it is very hard to get the bolt closed on a round . I checked it out and it seems it is the extractor . It takes a lot of effort to get it to lock . Any body else having this problem ? Thanks , Jim

Robinhood
11-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Sorry if these questions insult your intelligence, but is the head space on the chamber and the brass correct?

If you take the bolt out can you move the extractor easily with your finger or thumb?

Can you fully depress the ejector to flush with the bolt face?

Lastly, do you have the correct bolthead?

jim110
11-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Head space is fine . New brass and gun does function just very stiff loading new round . Tried it with extractor removed and it was normal . Just wondering if since the bolt handle is on the opposite side from the extractor if this could cause this . The ejector has been removed , don't like chasing brass .

jim110
11-27-2016, 09:11 PM
No one has a right bolt left port target action ? Just curious how smooth theirs are compared to mine .

rjtfroggy
11-28-2016, 07:32 AM
I do and it functions just fine. Mine is also a 6Br. installed and head spaced by me, and I set mine up tight(0.0015-0.002).
If I was to make a guess I would say the length or the shoulder of your brass is a little long, maybe even the seating depth. I FL size all my brass sized to my chamber before I load it, this includes virgin brass. Full length size, trim to length, seat at a minimum of 0.018 off the lands, load and shoot. No problems.