PDA

View Full Version : Hogue rifle stock

7887mm08
11-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Has anyone shortened a houge over molded stock? I need to be able to have a 13" lop and wondering if its possible on one of these.

big honkin jeep
11-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Take off the recoil pad and butt plate and have a look for yourself and maybe take a measurement or two.
I cut a factory stock down really short and the only problem I ran into was that I cut out most of the plastic tabs that receive the screws for the recoil pad. The fix was easy enough as I rebuilt those tabs using some masking tape and JB weld epoxy and coating the screws with shoe polish so they would let go after the epoxy cured.
This may or may not be an alternative depending on what you find when you look inside.
Good luck and let us know what you find inside.

7887mm08
11-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Well I don't have the stock yet so that's out of the question. I have done 2 tikka t3s and that was easy. Yeah you have to hope the tabs that receive the recoil pad are long enough. I suppose if they weren't you could fill the whole butt stock with a piece of material,l epoxy it In and drill new holes.

big honkin jeep
11-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Nah just build some walls at the top and bottom with tape to hold the epoxy. If it's anything like a factory stock 13" should be easily doable without epoxy. I just got drastic with my factory stock on a carbine build trying to go as short and light as possible.