PDA

View Full Version : other web sites

Appleseed
11-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Is there a place to post a link to savage parts FS from another site? It's an unusual single shot action at a good deal someone here may appreciate.

Robinhood
11-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Probably in a PM if someone is asking where to find one. I'll refer to Jim or Hottolds to determine if that is a violation of the rules or not.

J.Baker
11-23-2016, 07:16 PM
There's actually a rule against posting links to auction listings and/or items for sale in another sites classifieds. Couple of reasons for this...

1. Our classifieds are somewhat restricted access, so listing an item on another site and linking to it in a post here is essentially an end run around on that restriction.
2. Nobody ever remembers to come back here and close the thread or remove the link after the item sells on the other site. (like when we had the Hot Buys board - which is why it's no more)
3. It drives traffic away from our site (and to the other site) which isn't a good thing.

Appleseed
11-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Thought that was the rule. Didn't post for that reason. It is an action I'd buy should I be looking for a single shot.