PDA

View Full Version : New to the bolt game

Baller
11-21-2016, 07:02 PM
This is my first post and thought it would be best to introduce myself. I’ve been a bit of a firearms guy for a number of years. Growing up, I never had any older mentors, Dad or otherwise, that shot. I just picked it up on my own in high school and tagged along hunting with a buddy who grew up doing it. I only had a shotgun and hunted only waterfowl at the time. I retained the shotgun but gave up all hunting and shooting during my extended college experience. During my last years of college I was married and started a family. 10 years ago I got a pistol and shoot it relatively regularly, if you even want to call it that. 3 years ago I built an AR and shoot it a bit. Last year I picked up an M&P 22 that my boy has fun with when we go shooting. When I say I shoot relatively regularly or a bit, I shoot as much as I feel is appropriate for a guy with five kids, 11 years old and younger. My wife stays home and homeschools the kids that are school age, so hobbies aren’t a huge priority of mine in this stage of life. When I say I shoot, I probably get out once a month, or every other month. Anyways, I’ve always been intrigued by long range/precision shooting and wanted to get into it. The science of long range/precision shooting calls me. I recently picked up a used Savage Model 10 precision carbine and built it with economy in mind, but have yet to shoot it. Part of the reason I have yet to shoot it will be posted in another thread, as I need some feedback from people that know more than me. Anyways, I’m looking forward to getting into this and learning as much as I can.

I guess I should add the build, that's really what people want to know around here.
Savage Model 10 Precision Carbine
-came with a 10MOA Ken Farrell base and a Tactical Works bolt handle
Green Blob bipod (Atlas knockoff)
Weaver 20MOA base
Weaver 6 bolt rings
Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP R-Grid scope

Baller

drybean
11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
11-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Welcome

big honkin jeep
11-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Welcome,
I love my 10PC but I don't shoot it very often.
One of the very few rifles I paid full retail for and it was worth it.

30-06shooter
11-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Welcome from another new bolt shooter. What caliber is that 10?

ragsflh
11-28-2016, 01:28 AM
howdy

Hotolds442
12-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Welcome!