PDA

View Full Version : MDT Chassis/ Pre-accutrigger Savage 110 Tactical in 300 Win Mag Question

~Mike
11-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,
Before I drop $400 on a MDT LSS-XL or HS3 Chassis, has anyone gone through the process of altering a factory modern chassis system to except an older pre-accutrigger model Savage 110? I have been told that the milling is minimal and that even though its a staggered fed type firearm, I can use the center fed AIC magazines after i'm done. Any of you guys travel this path before me? I picked up this 110 Tactical in 300 Win Mag about 2 years ago and it has been sitting patiently in the safe till now. Paid $300 for it with would already be a decent deal in my opinion, but it came with a Leupold VX-III and two boxes of Hornady ammo to boot. Scope mount, rings and stock are all sub par. Those would be fixed after I find a stock to use. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Also I'm not super sold on the MDT line. It's just in my price range.

darkker
11-21-2016, 02:38 PM
I was corresponding with them on a non-Savage rifle, about a similar issue.
If you drop them an email asking for specifics, they have been happy to tell you what/where/how much, IME.
Then you can decide if you want to do it, have them do it, or punt.

MDTcorp
11-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Hello Mike, please go to our website and open a service ticket, one of our Techs will be able to help you.

darkker
11-23-2016, 08:12 PM
See, they'll come to you:cool:
They've been really easy to work with, in all my dealings with them.

mousemotors
11-30-2016, 10:50 AM
I don't know what milling would be required? Mine have always just dropped in. I have purchased the LSS and the TAC 21 for the Savage Model 110 and Stevens 200, no issues at all. And yes, there was no issues using the AIC Mags.
7mm08 was the LSS and the 300 win mag was the TAC 21

MDTcorp
12-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Correct, no milling required! It will drop right in.

tallwalker
12-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Just dropped my 110 into an MDT HS3 with the MDT stock. Dropped right in perfectly, super nice and really satisfied with it. Highly recommend those guys to work with.