PDA

View Full Version : AccuTrigger question

mondront
11-21-2016, 11:18 AM
I've read plenty threads here and else where about folks having issues with the AccuTrigger resetting if not used properly. (Not sure if that is the right terminology.) I've always though it was a matter of user error and that may still be the case, BUT... On my model 10 which was my first AT I never experienced it and then my 11VT " i've been shooting for a year now never experienced it. I've been shooting my 12 FV for a few months and it seems to happen at least a half dozen times on every range trip. I am at a lost of why there is such a difference or can I possible be using a different technique. I've have used all three on the same day and it's only the 12 FV that this happens. Just wondering what the consensus might be.

olddav
11-21-2016, 11:34 AM
I could be that the trigger may be set too light.

mondront
11-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah It could be, thing is, all three are set to the lightest. All three are only shot from the bench. I think I will take the FV up a little to see. thanks olddav and thanks for the tip.

RC20
11-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Take it all the way to max and then try. Don't do it in small steps, you are trying to find a direction.

The other thing you want to do is check for clearance on the trigger assembly in regards to the stock.

If there is a remnant in the stock in the trigger area or is just badly formed, pressure from that can and will screw up the trigger.

Pull the trigger guard to check that.

olddav
11-21-2016, 01:20 PM
The other thing you want to do is check for clearance on the trigger assembly in regards to the stock.

If there is a remnant in the stock in the trigger area or is just badly formed, pressure from that can and will screw up the trigger.

Pull the trigger guard to check that.

Good idea.

mondront
11-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys. I do really like they AccuTriggers. I have a Timney and a Rifle Basix in other rifles so i do have a comparison to go by. I'll do the checking and adjusting this evening.

RC20
11-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Good idea.

Don't ask me how I know........

I too like the Acu trigger a lot. I have had a chance to shoot a wide variety of triggers and it suits me.

Robinhood
11-22-2016, 02:35 AM
Since you have the barreled action out to adjust it, look for a slight preload of the trigger against the sear when the bolt closes. The sear should be making contact with the with the shelf below the sear face as it is closing. If it is hanging down when you close the bolt it may slide right by the step and hang on the safety blade.

You should be able to cycle the bolt rapidly and bump the rifle around without it tripping the trigger.

RC20
11-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Check to make sure the main pin is in all the way and nothing else loose (another in with C clips in there)