PDA

View Full Version : A bit irritated - not that it matters

Rapid Roy
11-19-2016, 12:37 AM
I joined this forum because I own a few Savages and like another forum for a different make of weapon of which I own quite a few, I enjoy the interaction. The other day I posted a question (it was a QUESTION - it was not trying to buy, sell or trade in violation of Rule 6) on this site and also on the site for stocks - I was trying to see if anyone knew an easy way I could find a youth stock for my 110, so I could give it to my niece.

So - both of those posts were deleted because I violated Rule 6 (nope - sorry) - then I go to the classifieds to post the same question there, and find that I cannot post there - apparently the classified are for "paid members". Nowhere when I signed up did it say anything about paying to join this forum.

So - go ahead and delete this post too - and delete my "unpaid membership" too - I will not be coming back here. Geesh.

Robinhood
11-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Slow down Roy. It is a good Forum. It is not like most other forums. I did not see your post but the wording may have led the moderators to believe here is a new guy trying to openly sell. Send the moderator a note and they may help you out.

darkker
11-19-2016, 01:41 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/Darkker13/Mobile%20Uploads/well-bye-animated-gif_zpsk9xgpazu.gif

noname
11-19-2016, 06:51 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/Darkker13/Mobile%20Uploads/well-bye-animated-gif_zpsk9xgpazu.gif
I don't get it.

darkker
11-19-2016, 12:15 PM
The reference is from Tombstone...

The OP somehow didn't notice that the classified section is locked unless you are a paid member, big padlocks weren't obvious I guess.
So he can't afford $10 to join(or doesn't want to), fine enough.
But to be such a tender flower that you post a "you're mean, I'm taking my ball and going home" thread.....

RC20
11-19-2016, 01:34 PM
I see it a bit both ways.

I saw the post and did not think it violated, but it was removed.

On the other hand, I too saw classifieds were blanked out, checked the information and found out that it cost to post there, nice if it did not but not everything is free and a great deal (95%) is on the site so...........,. ok with that. I know what I need to do to sell something.

that said, I also put out a post but carefully worded it to ensure that I was not trying to sell an item but get background on it.

Strikes me as being married, you don't break it up after the first disagreement, you sort it out, decide what is important and then break it up if long term it is just one disagreement after another.

Hotolds442
11-20-2016, 12:09 AM
I deleted both posts.
And I saw them both as a user trolling for private messages in order to bypass the classified rules and purchase a youth stock under the radar. Not to mention the cross-posting of the same exact post in multiple forums.

You're not the first one to have this happen, but if the butt-hurt is that bad, adios.

Nor Cal Mikie
11-20-2016, 11:12 AM
"You're not the first one to have this happen, but if the butt-hurt is that bad, adios."

Well said!!

FiveInADime
11-20-2016, 11:55 AM
I have some butt-hurt cream for sale (PM me).

olddav
11-20-2016, 01:20 PM
I would like to add a different tone to this thread. After reading the OP I agree that the rules were violated and the moderator was justified in deleting the thread. Now Rapid Roy is mad because he has to abide by the rules, the very rules that apply to every member. That all being said, I am going to bid him farewell and encourage him to find a fourm that appeals to his temperament.

RC20
11-20-2016, 01:22 PM
I deleted both posts.
And I saw them both as a user trolling for private messages in order to bypass the classified rules and purchase a youth stock under the radar. Not to mention the cross-posting of the same exact post in multiple forums.

You're not the first one to have this happen, but if the butt-hurt is that bad, adios.

I took it differently on the post, thought maybe a bit of reset for the OP

But with a wider perspective of the moderator and others I will agree and endorse

Nor Cal Mikie
11-20-2016, 08:28 PM
At this point, what does it matter???

Robinhood
11-21-2016, 10:24 AM
I have some butt-hurt cream for sale (PM me).

Don't ask don't tell. : )