PDA

View Full Version : Accustock?

goosedowner
11-18-2016, 05:41 PM
IS the Accustock worth the extra money or can I get the same results by bedding the stock myself?

big honkin jeep
11-18-2016, 10:02 PM
I love the accustocked rifles. The main issue that the accustock addresses is the flex that was present in the older synthetics. The flex was especially pronounced with heavy barreled rifles and also with bi pod use. The stock would sometimes contact the barrel when firing these rifles leading to inconsistency. Bedding a standard pillar bedded stock will improve and relieve stress at the stock to action contact surfaces but wont fix the issue of forearm flex.

This being said I have several older rifles that I wont even bed or tinker on (except the trigger) because they shoot so well right out of the box.
I have several more older rigs that I bedded with JB weld that are also fantastic shooters. Never had a problem that I noticed with a synthetic stock and a standard sporter barreled rifle.
Personally I love the accustocks and don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get one instead of the stocks that come on the package guns or distributor specials.
They feel really solid and sturdy as compared to the econostocks.

Zero333
11-18-2016, 11:28 PM
I like the accustocks for bench shooting but for hunting I much prefer the tupperware stocks because they're lighter and slimmer... and 1/4moa difference in accuracy will never be the reason why I didn't bring home the meat.

MS50
11-20-2016, 12:05 PM
If you use a rifle with the Accustock, be sure to torque the action screws following the instructions found on this site. I've had the stock off and on my .223 12FVC several times, and got by with 1 MOA and hitting steel to 700yds. After finding the link to proper torquing I was getting .3 MOA at 100yds, and hitting small steel targets out to 700yds. It was a lesson learned for me. I can't say it's more accurate than a bedded rifle, but I have no plans to upgrade.