PDA

View Full Version : accutrigger reinstall

wal0001
11-18-2016, 12:21 AM
Painted my first action and barrel -- used aluma hyde2 and it turned out good.

I have a savage 110 center feed 308 with an accutrigger.

The problem I am having is I cannot get the trigger safety button back on where it will stay. I was very careful in taking the trigger off. When I gingerly removed the trigger and springs, the safety button just came off the and rail slipped out. I am not sure if I broke something or not, but I am pretty sure I never used force.

Anyway, can someone explain to me how I can get the safety button back on the part where it will stay? I really hate to take this to the gunsmith and pay $50 dollars and I cannot find a diagram anywhere..

Thanks.

Robinhood
11-18-2016, 12:32 AM
I found this on a search. Click on the link.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?33070-Swapping-Non-Accutrigger-with-Standard-trigger-assembly-or-vise-a-versa

short round
11-18-2016, 01:31 AM
The safety button slides into the groove from the rear. Look at the groove in the receiver & the button key, they both have a taper.

m12lrs
11-18-2016, 08:55 AM
I had the same problem when I went to reinstall my accutrigger

You have to assemble the safety bar and the safety tab before you install the trigger.

There is a wide spot I the slot for the safety bar. Push it up through the slot and the safety button will slide on with the slot machined into it. Just don't let it slide back while you install the trigger or it will just fall right out.

wal0001
11-19-2016, 12:09 AM
Thanks folks.. that was what was and got in back in. For future action and barrel painting, I will be sure and not get as much paint in the tang area as I had to knife out the grooves from the paint.

again,, thanks .