PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Need help with Savage 93 .22 mag Pre-Accu trigger

Sig226
11-17-2016, 08:51 AM
So my dad and I got a Clarence Savage 93 in .22mag at Walmart 2 weeks ago for $40.00 each [emoji16] but I can't find any spc on it. Like besides it being a Pre-Accu trigger what's the difference in the other .22 mag's ?? Can someone tell me what Boyds stock will fit it and if I can get a lighter trigger for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road Rat
11-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Quote: So my dad and I got a Clarence Savage 93 in .22mag at Walmart 2 weeks ago for $40.00 each Unquote

I have never heard of a "Clarence Savage". Or did you mean clearance?

Contact Boyds on the stock - Info@boydsgunstocks.com

Someone will be along with information on the trigger....Have fun with the new toys.

Sig226
11-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Yea clearance not Clarence!! Dang auto correct!!

I'll have to email them and see what they say

Sig226
11-17-2016, 12:38 PM
This is the first new Savage I own. I do have a 1960's Stevens model 7 .22LR that was passed down to me. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. She is a beautiful .22 but it was shot so much it's like shooting a musket

Hersh5317
11-18-2016, 08:47 PM
From Walmart, it is likely not a pre-Accutrigger, they just ordered it without to keep pricing down. They do stuff like that often. Get the Savr Rifle Basic trigger, or swap to a lighter spring and shim the sides of the trigger to remove side to side wobble. Upgrade to a wood stock if you want, but my 93 shot 1.5" at 100 yards in the plastic one. Buy a few different ammo to try and have fun. If it came with scope mounts installed, check for tightness. Sometimes a loose screw slips through QA. Put about 200 rounds through it before complaining about accuracy. Get to know it and the ammo it likes. Occasionally I was able to wring out 3/4MOA from mine with Federal 50gr fmj

Sig226
11-19-2016, 12:29 AM
From Walmart, it is likely not a pre-Accutrigger, they just ordered it without to keep pricing down. They do stuff like that often. Get the Savr Rifle Basic trigger, or swap to a lighter spring and shim the sides of the trigger to remove side to side wobble. Upgrade to a wood stock if you want, but my 93 shot 1.5" at 100 yards in the plastic one. Buy a few different ammo to try and have fun. If it came with scope mounts installed, check for tightness. Sometimes a loose screw slips through QA. Put about 200 rounds through it before complaining about accuracy. Get to know it and the ammo it likes. Occasionally I was able to wring out 3/4MOA from mine with Federal 50gr fmj

Thanks for all the info. Do you know if a drop in Accu trigger wold fit?
I do want the Boyd's thumbhole stock. Having a angled grip is a lot more comfortable when shooting.
It did not come with any scope mounts I think they're size 16??
Is there any ammo I should stay away from?