PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Triggers for Bottom Bolt Release Model 10.

DenverDave
11-12-2016, 01:09 AM
I am putting my feelers out regarding the available trigger upgrades for my Savage Model 10T - short action, with Bottom bolt Release (on trigger guard) factory accutrigger. My initial research pointed me towards the SAV-2 by Rifle Basix but I have since learned that that trigger won't work work with bottom bolt Release model 10s.

So that leaves me with the following options (that I am aware of)
1- SSS Comp. Trigger
2- Timney
3- SAV-1
4- SSS Evolution (too expensive)

I have read mixed reviews on the SSS comp trigger but suspect that most of the negative reviews are due to incorrect install and bad customer service.

Interested in hearing forum members suggestions / experiences with the triggers listed or any I may have overlooked.

On a side note, two stage triggers are my preference but it appears nobody makes one for the Savage. Anyone know of a two stage trigger hitting the market in the foreseeable future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olddav
11-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Of the four you listed the SSS Comp. Trigger is closer to your perfered choice (SAV-2). Both the Tinmey and the SAV-1 are more or less an improved factory trigger. The SSS Evolution is not available over the counter per se, he requires that you have him true & time the action.

Back to the SSS Comp trigger. It is popular and is getting hard to aquire due to supply, I gather they are running behind. So I'm not sure I have offered any usefull info but it's all I got. Good Luck.

Swissfan
11-12-2016, 09:53 AM
I have several of the SSS Comp. Triggers and a Sav-1. Agree with olddav, timney and Sav-1 are improved factory triggers. For about the same cost (if you can find one), I much prefer the SSS Comp. Seems to be a little crisper and consistent than the Sav-1. YMMV