PDA

View Full Version : Converting Savage 11 Hog Hunter to DBM

jamesp81
11-11-2016, 12:04 PM
So far, my understanding is that I will need new bottom metal. I'm looking at this: http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savage-bottom-metal/9137-sa-savage-stealth-dbm.html#/318-choose_latch-standard_latch/322-choose_bolt_release-without_bolt_release/1196-choose_magazine-none

This is supposed to fit factory inletting for a stock that accepts Savage factory detachable mags. Obviously, the Hog Hunter isn't configured for DBM, but I am also looking at a B&C M40 stock that is inletted for Savage factory DBM. My read then is that the PTG DBM bottom metal should work with the B&C M40 stock.

Further, there is an issue with the bolt release. The PTG bottom metal is designed for the trigger guard bolt release, while the Hog Hunter is equipped with the top bolt release. The bottom metal can be ordered from PTG either with our without a bolt release. My question is, can I order the PTG bottom metal with trigger guard bolt release, the version of the B&C M40 stock designed for trigger guard bolt release and convert the Hog Hunter to trigger guard release and AICS DBM?