PDA

View Full Version : Savage palma contour barrels

memilanuk
09-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyone making a 30" medium Palma contour tube pre-chambered and ready to roll, complete with 0.750" front sight tenon, to fit the new Target Actions? Looking for a drop-in replacement for the barrel on my M12 Palma rifle - in .223 Rem, 1-7" tw. Planning on shooting this rifle a bit more over the next while, and .223 is a whole heck of a lot cheaper to feed than .308 even. May end up as a 'training' rifle for some Juniors as well.

I do know where I can special order barrels from various manufacturers, I'm more looking to see if anybody has this factory contour in stock and ready to roll. Most everything I see is either 'bull' or 'varmint', but thought I'd ask.

sinman
09-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I have yet to ever see one on hand mainly because they are not as popular as the varmints. And with that front sight cut I would say impossible that you will find it. But I am building that exact barrel for a guy in 308 with the front sight cut and everything.

Balljoint
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
What price range for the 223 palma barrel chambered for heavy bullets be, as i was thinking of same thing on my target action in my F/TR

sharpshooter
09-24-2009, 11:14 PM
With todays rate of lead times, nobody has contoured blanks on the shelf that would be ready to roll. Most all vendors that are stocking blanks are keeping heavy varmint contours and such because that is the most popular. I'd say your chances are slim for a .223 in a palma contour laying around, and you might just have to order it to your specs. Right now Brux is out about 6 weeks.

memilanuk
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, nuts. :-[

Thanks guys, thats about what I thought. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, though.

SDJim
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone making a 30" medium Palma contour tube pre-chambered and ready to roll, complete with 0.750" front sight tenon, to fit the new Target Actions? Looking for a drop-in replacement for the barrel on my M12 Palma rifle - in .223 Rem, 1-7" tw. Planning on shooting this rifle a bit more over the next while, and .223 is a whole heck of a lot cheaper to feed than .308 even. May end up as a 'training' rifle for some Juniors as well.

I do know where I can special order barrels from various manufacturers, I'm more looking to see if anybody has this factory contour in stock and ready to roll. Most everything I see is either 'bull' or 'varmint', but thought I'd ask.

I spent almost a month looking for a 30" Palma contour drop-in. None of the usual suspects (Shilen, PAC-NOR, LW) were willing to modify their 26" Medium Palma profile barrels to run them out to 30".
I had to go custom made with a BRUX.