PDA

View Full Version : 110FP 300 Win Mag COAL

Hoss50
11-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi,

I have recently started working on building a non-accutrigger 110FP in 300 Win that is/was my fathers. I loaded some rounds for it that are longer than factory COAL standards (3.45") and they fit the chamber with no issues, but they are too long to fit more than 1 round in the magazine. Is there an easy/cheap way to modify the factory 110FP blind magazine to allow bullets with a little longer COAL. Stuffing a 208gr ELD-M into a case at book COAL looks crazy, and I am sure it isn't helping the accuracy any.

I am not opposed to having only a 2 round gun if the accuracy is there, but if I can get full use of the magazine it would be better.

Thanks
Harley

Hoss50
11-14-2016, 12:35 AM
I did some more loads today and the longest I can fit and fully utilize the magazine in about 3.41" coal.

I am going to try working up a load at that length, but if it need to play with seating depth I may have to use it as a 2 round gun .

Unless anyone knows some easy/cheap optons to make the factory blind magazine take longer rounds.

Harley

Londerko
11-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Nope, none that I know of unless you wanna put on aftermarket bottom metal and magazine. That's why I sold my staggerfeed 300wm and did my new build on a centerfeed action (centerfeed mag allows 3.50 without modifications)